2018 Year End Giving, click here.
Gifts of cash are the most common and will allow the parish to address its immediate needs. Donating cash is as simple as:
- Write a check payable to Most Precious Blood Catholic Church. Please note “Here for Good Capital Campaign” in the memo section of the check.
- Sign up for electronic giving through credit card or bank account via Faith Direct.
- Contact your financial institution for automatic bill pay and include a notation of “Here for Good Capital Campaign”.
Charitable Gifts of Securities
These are stocks, bonds or mutual funds that have been held for at least one year and have appreciated. They offer special tax advantages. You will receive a tax deduction for the full market value of the gift, but you will not have to pay capital gains tax on the appreciated amount. Please contact Mary Knowles, Business Administrator, Most Precious Blood, for specific instructions.
Corporate Matching Gifts
A matching gift program provided through your employer may allow you to increase the value of your gift or shorten your payment schedule. Many companies match charitable gifts made by their employees, retirees, or board members. Check with your company’s Human Resource Department for the proper form. Contact Mary Knowles, Business Administrator, Most Precious Blood, to advise us of an incoming corporate match so we can attach it to your pledge. Again, please be sure the corporate match notes “Here for Good Capital Campaign”.
Planned giving is the process of carefully selecting the best method and asset for making a charitable gift. Such a gift can enable you to take full advantage of the tax laws to accomplish your financial and charitable goals. Here are a few commonly used ways of making a planned gift:
- Bequest by Will or Living Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Beneficiary benefits from IRAs, pensions or financial accounts