Growing in your relationship with God
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process of education and conversion for those who are interested in being received into the Roman Catholic Church. This process is geared toward those who are:
- not baptized,
- or are baptized in another religion,
- or are baptized Catholics but have not been fully initiated (received First Eucharist and/or Confirmation).
The RCIA process is an opportunity to grow in greater understanding and appreciation for how God is known through scripture, prayer, structure of the Catholic Church, Catholic lifestyle, Liturgy and Sacraments. For those wishing full membership in the Catholic Church, the process culminates in the celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation, often at the Easter Vigil.
Three Components of the RCIA process:
- Thursday evening formation sessions: Most of the formal sessions presenting the Catholic faith take place on Thursday evenings in the RCIA room (classrooms just off of the entrance of the church). The sessions generally run from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Sunday Dismissal: The RCIA group gathers to celebrate mass at 9:00 on Sundays. As part of that experience the RCIA group is dismissed to reflect and share more about the readings and homily with a member of the RCIA team.
- Service: those going through the RCIA process are encouraged to involve themselves in many of the outreach opportunities that the parish provides.
A Safe Place to Ask Questions
Above all, we encourage the asking of questions. We use an adult learning model that is meant to be more than just the imparting of knowledge. The questions you bring helps to shape the process and to meet your needs as someone seeking more about the Catholic faith.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is an invitation, through the experience of community, to encounter God in our daily lives and to respond to God’s presence through our actions.
2018 Classes will begin in September. Please contact Tony Haas at 303-756-3083 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional program information or questions.