First Reconciliation Information
Jesus entrusted the ministry of reconciliation to the Church. The Sacrament of Penance is God’s gift to us so that any sin committed after Baptism can be forgiven. In confession, we have the opportunity to repent and recover the grace of friendship with God. It is a holy moment in which we place ourselves in his presence and honestly acknowledge our sins. With absolution, we are reconciled to God and the Church. The Sacrament helps us stay close to the truth that we cannot live without God. “In him we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28). (usccb.org).
Guidelines: Who can celebrate First Reconciliation?
- All baptized MPB youth 2nd grade or above who have not yet celebrated their First Reconciliation AND
- Who are enrolled in the FAITH program or attend MPB or another Catholic school AND
- Whose parents attend the scheduled parent meeting AND
- Whose families are registered members of MPB Parish AND
- Who register and pay the fee for First Reconciliation by August 16, 2017 AND
- Who attend all required sessions during the fall AND
- Who complete all reading and at-home preparation!
Preparing to celebrate the Sacrament of First Reconciliation
As the primary educators of their children, parents, with the support of the pastor and the Faith Formation team, are responsible for preparing their children for this sacrament. Most Precious Blood 2nd Graders will prepare for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation during the Fall of 2017. Children will celebrate their First Reconciliation in November 2017.
At the mandatory parent meeting held in August, parents will receive the materials and training necessary to help with preparation. During the preparation time, parents and students will also participate in a First Reconciliation Ritual which underscores the significance of the sacraments in deepening the children’s faith.
How to Register
Required Dates for First Reconciliation 2017
Mandatory Parent Meeting – August 29, 2017 at 6pm in the Parish Center
- First Reconciliation Ritual – October 7, 2017 at 9am in the Church
- Rite of First Reconciliation – November 18, 2017 beginning at 9am in the Church
Registration Link and Fee Information
The process of sacramental preparation is a parish sponsored process. If you are a registered member of Most Precious Blood Parish and your child has been baptized, you may register your child to celebrate the sacrament of First Reconciliation during the 2017-2018 school year. Children must be enrolled in the FAITH program OR at a Catholic School AND participate in an additional program to prepare for First Reconciliation.
The fee for the FAITH program is $95.00 for the first child and $140 for 2 or more children. The fee for MPB’s sacramental preparation program is $40 per student registered. We do not want the cost of the programs to inhibit participation; if you are unable to pay the fees for these programs, please contact the Faith Formation Team (email@example.com). Registration is open from July 1 – August 16, 2017.
- If your 2nd grader does NOT attend a Catholic school, register for FAITH AND First Reconciliation.
- If your 2nd grader attends a Catholic school (MPB or other), register for First Reconciliation only.
For more information or with questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Faith Formation Team at 303-756-3083 or firstname.lastname@example.org.