Most Precious Blood Justice Matters Ministry
This ministry was formed to further explore ways to actively encounter and lift up all those on the margins.
Our ministry works towards the goals of Catholic Social Teaching which call us, as a faith community, to advocate for justice and to compassionately lift up the life and dignity of God’s creation.
Justice Matters ministry meets the third Monday of the month in the Parish Office. (ZOOM during the pandemic). All are invited to attend.
Our meetings provide opportunities to:
- Gain knowledge of current social justice issues
- Increase awareness of, and organize, opportunities to advocate for social justice
- Provide events for the MPB community to heighten awareness of social justice issues
All are welcome to get updates through our Justice Matters email list, contact Ann if you’d like to be included.
- Learn more about the rich call to social justice through our Catholic Social Teaching.
- Some of the on-going events that Justice Matters has sponsored:
–Just Faith Courses (8-week study groups)
- Exploring Migration; A Faith Journey
- Faith and Racial Equity (coming Fall 2020- check the bulletin for upcoming details)
–Living Room Conversations – Social Justice Focus
Living Room Conversations are a conversational bridge across issues that may divide and separate us. They provide an easy structure for engaging in congenial yet meaningful conversation. These conversations increase understanding, reveal common ground, and can help us build community during these times of isolation. This is an opportunity to become acquainted with others both within our Most Precious Blood community and beyond. In doing so, it allows us to build on one of the pillars of MPB — a strong sense of caring for, and being attentive to the needs of one another.
–Breaking Open to Make Whole
A series of speakers and discussion groups to break open various social justice issues. In breaking open ourselves through these discussions we examine the work we each need to do in order to build a just society and all are viewed as equal.
Various On-going Opportunities:
- Vigils at GEO Detention Center
- Advocate for various pieces of legislation to support the marginalized
- Faithful Thursday participation
- Stories from the Margins Building Bridges of Compassion
- Support for Casa de Paz
- Check the bulletin for additional opportunities to be involved and to support initiatives